Saturday, April 24, 2004

A Day Alone (One of Six)


Deanne is in Chicago for her first business trip in a quite a while and, I believe, one of the few times I've been alone on a weekend. This leaves me to complete a long list of things to do, some fun and some not :) I spent a few hours last night trying to get the new computer to work but had no success. I think the motherboard is broken, so I'm going to return it and get a replacement. I got up a nine this morning and had a nice swim to cool off and wake up, fed the pets, contacted a couple of local furniture consignment stores about selling two armchairs, played some guitar, played around on blogshares for a while, cleaned the kitchen, put some Mike Oldfield and Hoodoo Gurus on the stereo....just generally relaxed and unwound.

This afternoon I'm going to continue writing the help file for my Mercury Mailroom program, which I've been neglecting for a while. If I finish it this week we can start selling the damned thing and see if I can make some money outside of work. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, so why am I so slack about finishing it off ?! I'll do some painting this evening and list a few odds and ends on eBay in the continuing effort to get the extra crap out of the house !

No comments: