Tuesday, June 29, 2004

quietly sitting on the couch


I'm at home this morning waiting for the insurance inspector guy to come and make sure that my house is my house :) We just switched insurance companies so we have to go through this again...and one of our sliding doors is broken ! It happened while I was painting; I was carrying a huge ladder and let the momentum get out of hand. It's been there for a few days, but the weather has been so nice I haven't felt motivated to fix it ;) Actually the glass held together for a few days and just plopped out yesterday, so I hope it doesn't cause this guy any heartache. I've called a couple of repair places and I'm getting quotes to have it fixed.

Deanne had a root canal done on her bad tooth. It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the prevailing myth would have you believe. We're lucky to live in a modern age, especially where pain is concerned. She was in the chair for one and a half hours, then came straight back to work and she felt only low-level pain even after the novocaine wore off. We watched a lot of Star Trek and had takeout Italian though....we haven't cooked a meal for ourselves in ages, you know ? When we do eat at home it's just grazing on random stuff from the pantry. I wonder if our fridge will be fixed soon...yeah, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I would've cooked six complicated meals a week except my fridge is busticated.

Finishing touches are being put on Mercury MailRoom and we're collecting "ooh gosh, it's fabulous" quotes from our beta testers. I've also thought of a plan where we would let buyers from poorer countries pay less than the $US 99 we're going to charge for it. I don't want it to be out of reach of people that would find it useful.

2 comments:

Asher Abrams said...

Hey Brian,

Great site. I see you're a B5 fan! Good luck on the house inspection.

I've been keeping my blog for about 2 mos now, really enjoying it. (I just got a visit from Big Pharaoh the other day!) May have to take a short break as I get re-located ... moving up to a bigger apartment.

good luck,
asher abrams

Brian said...

The inspection went fine - I forgot that it was a double paned piece of glass and only the outside piece was broken. Actually the guy seemed not to even notice it; I think he was really fixed on doing his measurements and either missed the glass or it didn't matter to him :)

B5 - yep, I'm a huge fan of the show! I converted lots of people to B5 fans when I worked at Sausage Software in '95-'98 back in Australia and I've always enjoyed the online presence that show has, especially with JMS being so available and generous with information about how the show is/was run.

Thanks for the comment and good luck with your new apartment!