Saturday, November 12, 2022

Crazy game ends in surprise victory

 This game was pretty wild! I started with the very unusual b3 (called the "Nimsowitch-Larsen attack") because chess.com has badges/awards/achievements for doing certain openings. This was the last "easy" one to get because it only required me to play this particular first move. Most of the remaining badges I need to get (yes, need!) require the other person to play certain responses to my moves, and that's impossible to guarantee.


Oh, and I missed checkmating him TWICE around move 21.  But I am sort of proud of the rook sacrifice I did to hit his king at the end; something told me to go for it because I had another rook ready to jump in, and lucky for me it worked out. That's a terrible way to play chess though :)

Analysis showed we both played with about 30% accuracy, which is awful, and I lucked into a checkmate that I had no idea was coming - I thought I was just checking his king; this kind of thing happens when you are running low on time in a three-minute game!



No comments: