Sunday, September 28, 2003

A New Experience


I've been watching a cool TV show called Queer Eye For The Straight Guy which, if you've been living under a rock and haven't heard of it, is a "makeover" program in which five gay men take a straight slob and clean him up, then have him host a party, or take a woman on their first date or something.

I've taken their "it's time to grow up" advice to heart and I'm trying to leave behind the desire to live like I did in my twenties - a live of video games, flannel shirts and ill-fitting jeans. As the Fab 5 say, it's time to buy "big-boy clothes" and embrace the idea of living like an adult. It's not something you "have to do", but its something you should do for yourself.

Anyway, I'm writing this because Deanne just used a hair removal cream on my back ! All my thick Mediterranean back hair is gone, leaving smooth skin I haven't seen for about 15 years. It feel weird...a soft cotton t-shirt is feeling prickly but I'm sure it'll pass.

We're driving to Miami today for a couple of days and, being a juvenile geek, I'm going to rent a Segway for a couple of hours...I'm may have given up my back hair but I ain't giving up my toys.

No comments: