Monday, August 25, 2003

Segway Chat is a really interesting place to read about the experience Segway owners have with their new machines. I hope these cool "human transports" become more popular over the years; it really is a remarkable feat of engineering.

I'd love to get one but I don't think it'd fit with my life - I drive about ten minutes to work, but it'd be 30 minutes on a Segway. Florida weather isn't something you want to expose yourself to more than you have to! Also, I frequently need to run several quick errands over lunch, and a Segway just wouldn't cut it.

However, I think it's an important addition to the suite of transport options we have available to us. They should not be banned anywhere, and people with impaired mobility should be encouraged to buy Segways and get some of their life back!

No comments: