Sunday, February 19, 2023

What Opportunity Tactics Did I Miss? Use tactics.bitcrafter to find them

 I found this nice tool at tactics.bitcrafter that examines your games on lichess and finds the tactics you missed from the last 25 games you played there: these are situations where your opponent left the door open for a big hit from you and you didn't take the easy money.

Here's an easy example of one I missed - a simple king-queen fork, with the pieces out in the open! I took five seconds to overlook this golden opportunity but instead I retreated my rook; I faintly remember not noticing that my bishop was covering that square. I went on to, undeservedly, win the game on time.




This one is more subtle - I had a 7 point swing in my favor waiting if I spotted this Nb4. It would allow me to get that knight to c2 and fork the king/rook and white would have a hard time stopping it cleanly.





The site does NOT include errors that you made on your move - it's just positions where you had an opportunity due to your opponents blunder and didn't see it. I think this is a very valuable tool because you can identify gaps in your perception of your opponents moves.


One thing to remember - it only finds tactics in game where you used the "Request A Computer Analysis" button on the analysis board.

No comments: