Monday, May 12, 2003

I recently burned my first mix CD.

Yes, Brian, the guy who talks about computers non-stop and seems to know at least one web site about any topic, has *never* burned a CD until last week. For some reason, I just never got around to doing that; I ripped hundreds of discs from my own collection, and downloaded plenty of music from Amazon.com's music section and the wonderful Epitonic site, but only last week did I actually get hold of a good CD burning package. I used the Roxio's Easy CD Basic edition (which came pre-loaded on my new computer) to burn a nice mellow mix CD of songs I've downloaded from the net over the past few months. I love it...Deanne's not so keen on most of the tracks, but that's OK :)

I've just finished reading Cory Doctrow's Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, which is a freely downloadable book that you can also go and buy. I liked it a lot, especially since I've spent quite a bit of time in theme parks lately, up in Orlando, which is where the book is set.

No comments: